Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's ...

I didn't say "New Year's Resolution" because I have not done them for years. One day is not necessarily  more significant than any other to have goals or start something new. But this weekend three things happened that are significant to me and represent change. First, we canceled our subscription to the local paper. Long overdue since I have been reading it on-line for over a year, but my wife likes the coupons and ads. It is a good "paperless" movement in my personal life. By the way why do we still have a government-run post office? Why not email everything and use on-line billing? Oh that's right, then how would I get all my junk mail?


Second I got a droid. The pic shows my old phone so this is my first smartphone. I love it so far and have been playing with all the apps. You can expect to see more pics from me on Twitter.  I definitely see smartphones as computer alternatives in a few years. First I think almost all phones will be smartphones in a few years and more and more students will own them. We will have computers in every room in the students pockets at least at the secondary level. I find this exciting, not frightening.

Last I have to advertise the best new blog I have found: Adventures in Pencil Integration . This blog is over one hundred years old, but still relevant to today. It is humorous satire that cuts right through many issues in ed-tech today. Highly recommend that you add this one to your favorite Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment